Stay Safe this Holiday Season with Personal Safety Tips from Safety Expert, Phil Eastwood.
When you are heading out to a party this holiday season,plan to keep your valuables secure, be careful with what you drink, and plan your travel in advance. The holidays are meant to be a time for extra fun, getting out of routine, and being with people you care about. A few minutes used to think and plan for personal safety, will help to insure this holiday season is an enjoyable one.
Holiday Personal Safety Tips:
- Be aware of what is happening around you, especially when you are in new locations or situations and always keep your bags closed or locked and your valuables out of sight.
- You should not listen to your music through headphones or earphones: stay alert to your surroundings.
- Look and act confidently – look like you know where you are going. This will make it less likely that you will be victimized.
- Trust your 6th sense: it is usually correct.
- Think about what you drink – be aware of how many drinks you’ve had, of where you’ve left your drink and don’t accept drinks from anyone you don’t know or trust. Also, alcohol diminishes your ability to even have a 6th sense!
- Think ahead and plan your journey, especially your return home – check when the last public transport leaves to get you home.
- Use a reputable taxi company you know or one recommended by friends.
- When out in your car, always lock your car after entering and leaving it.
- Check the interior before entering it – especially the rear seat and always carry a flashlight after dark. Where is your flashlight right now?
- Park in well lit areas.